![]() |
| Those Three Little Words - but what do they mean? |
What does "I love you"
mean to you, Dude?
Well,
it means “I love you,” you know.
Hmmmmm.
Can you be more specific?
It’s
like “You’re hot babe” and she goes “Let’s get it on” and we do.
OK, that’s clear.
(hormone-driven
lust)
It’s
pretty simple. First, you make sure you’re
looking at a guy not short of money, ya know what I mean? You say the magic words first and then he’ll
feel obligated to say it. And, you make
sure you’re giving him really good sex.
That will get him to marry you, and then you’re set. You can lead him around by the nose cuz you
“love” him and he “loves” you. And, if
he has a little fun on the side, you just ignore it – all your girlfriends will
feel sorry for you anyway and no one will blame you when you play around
too. Just make sure he does it first and
you tell everyone about it.
(manipulation & control)
It
means respect and dignity and not intruding too much on the other’s inner
world. It means that we are a couple in
the public’s eyes, so we go places together and do things together. We are members of the society, and we endeavor
to uphold the standards of that community, and that includes not getting too
emotionally intimate with ourselves, each other, or anyone else. Otherwise, we might question the status quo
and that simply wouldn’t do. Physical
intimacy is required, of course, but is kept to a minimum and within proper
boundaries (no lights on and definitely no introduction of anything new). When I say “I love you” to my partner, it
means I approve of the fact that we share these values.
(conditional love, limited by
emotional armoring)
What
does “I love you” mean to you, Mr. & Miss Liberal Lover?
Loving
my partner means that I feel a heart connection which allows us to accept each
other, warts and all. “I love you” means
you can be yourself around me and I will not take personally anything you say
or do that might hurt my feelings. And, if something does hurt my feelings, I promise not to let you know. I
expect you to do the same, so I feel free to share myself with you (physically
and emotionally) because I know you won’t judge me or criticize me. However, we don’t feel as free to share our
inner selves with others as they aren’t like us and wouldn’t understand.
(limited acceptance, laden with
expectation)
What
does “I love you” mean to you, Spiritual Seeker?
It
means that I see you. I know you in your
soul. I make it a point to get in your
shoes and see the world from your perspective.
Because of this, I don’t just approve of you; I don’t just want you; I
don’t just accept you – I CELEBRATE YOU.
Even though I don’t always hold the same opinion as you or take the same
approach in my own life, your joys are my joys.
Your conundrums and bewilderments are mine as well and together, we
explore life’s curiosities without negative judgments about ourselves, each
other, or anyone else. I guess what I’m
saying is that “I love you” means I’m fully alive within myself. I include you in myself, and I’m on your
side.
(celebration of the other &
oneself)
What
does “I love you” mean to you, Enlightened One.
There
is no “I” and there is no “you.” There
is only love. Love is not something you
do, rather it is what you are at the core being from which your soul
emanates. The separate entities of “I”
and “you” were created so that those in physical bodies could experience the
heightened energy of bringing the “I” and the “you” back together with
love. Human love naturally evolves
through stages of lust, manipulation, approval, lack of criticism, acceptance,
to celebration before merging into oneness.
When a being has passed through those stages and has regained the
unified field of love, because they bring with them the emotional experience of
the full rainbow of feelings available on Earth, they heighten the vibration of
the All That Is. Thus love creates and
refines more love. Love is nothing more
than a highly refined vibration, so we do not say “I love you.” We simply vibrate and love is known to all.
(awareness, oneness, peace)

No comments:
Post a Comment